3 Tips To Help You Close Deals
If you want to build a successful business, you have to know how to close deals.
It’s one thing to have a great product or service. It’s another thing to get people to actually buy it and finalize the sale.
Closing deals can be difficult, especially for people who are shy or tend to avoid conversations about money. But being a successful entrepreneur means pushing past that fear to close the deal.
My wife Blake made a video about this which you can see below. If you want more content like this then make sure to subscribe to the Be Your Own Boss Podcast Youtube Channel where Blake and I teach you how you can be your own boss.
Here are three tips from Blake for how to seal the deal:
- Remove the emotion from the sales call. Business isn’t personal, so take the emotion out of it. The other person has to hear that you are willing to walk away from the sale. If you sound desperate or are overly emotional, you lose bargaining power. If needed, take a moment to collect yourself and relax so that your voice doesn’t sound stressed and you can be in a stronger position.
- Demonstrate the value. Show the value of your product or service and what makes it special so that customers can see why it is worth the money. Break down the exact reason you charge your particular rate and share the why behind your product and its value.
- Ask for the sale. Don’t skirt around the question — ask the prospect directly if they want to purchase your product or service. If they say no, you don’t have to waste any more time selling to them. If they say yes, you’ve made a sale. Be direct and not overly polite. Be confident and just ask for the sale.
Closing deals means bringing in more money. As you master these three steps to close the deal, you’ll see your confidence grow and your business boom.
Now more than ever, people are moving from full-time employment to entrepreneurship. We are collectively realizing that the only job security that exists is the one that you create for yourself, but how? My wife Blake and I are successful entrepreneurs who both made the transition while we had full-time jobs. You can learn how here.
Download our new guide on 5 Tips For How To Become An Entrepreneurs While You Have A Full Time Job.
If you enjoyed the article and want more content like this here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to The BYOB Podcast Newsletter to get notified when a new episode comes out (once a week).
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel where we talk about these things in much more detail including sharing our personal stories.
- You can also connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Linkedin.
- If you’re interested in sponsoring or have suggestions for the show, you can send us an email at email@example.com.