3 Reasons Why It Is Important to Set Goals for 2021
We’re halfway through the year — how are your goals looking for 2021?
Even with the uncertainty of the year, setting goals is still vitally important. It gives you a chance to step back and look at where you’ve been and where you want to go.
No matter if you’re making great progress on your goals or just getting started, here are three reasons it’s important to set goals in 2021:
- Gives you focus and clarity. Without goals, you’re likely to flounder and not make any real progress in life or your career. If you don’t set goals, you often end up letting things happen to you instead of taking control. Goals give you something to work towards and make your focus clear.
- Allows you to work backward. You may have a general idea of where you want to be in the future, but setting goals helps you create the path to get there. Once you’ve set a goal, you can work backward to know what you need to do to achieve the goal. If you want to increase revenue by 20% or gain 5,000 newsletter followers in a year, you can then work backward to know how to reach that goal.
- Allows you to break it into manageable pieces. Setting a lofty goal can be intimidating. But you don’t have to achieve it all in one day. Set a big goal and then break it up into smaller pieces and give yourself milestones along the way. This takes away the intimidation factor and helps you measure your progress every day towards your larger goals.
I put together a video which talks about this in more detail. Please check it out below and if you want more content like this you can subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Goals are the way to career and life success. They are what allow you to dream big and have guidance for what you can achieve in the future. And they are still incredibly important in 2021.
Check in with yourself on your goals for the year. How are you doing? And if you haven’t set goals yet, now is the time to make it happen!
Now more than ever, people are moving from full-time employment to entrepreneurship. We are collectively realizing that the only job security that exists is the one that you create for yourself, but how? My wife Blake and I are successful entrepreneurs who both made the transition while we had full-time jobs. You can learn how here.
Download our new guide on 5 Tips For How To Become An Entrepreneurs While You Have A Full Time Job.
If you enjoyed the article and want more content like this here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to The BYOB Podcast Newsletter to get notified when a new episode comes out (once a week).
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel where we talk about these things in much more detail including sharing our personal stories.
- You can also connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Linkedin.
- If you’re interested in sponsoring or have suggestions for the show, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.